lab. S is looking for a new member
to help us with the development of Web umenia and other projects exploring the use of digital technologies in the gallery and museum sector. The number and scope of these projects has been growing steadily in the last years - to keep up the pace, we need a skilled and creative developer with an interest in arts and culture.
What we do
Lab. SNG is a research and development unit at the Slovak National Gallery.
- We develop www.webumenia.sk - an online catalogue of public artworks
- We develop mobile apps, e.g. Filko Audio Guide, SoundWalk Strážky
- We develop websites to accompany SNG exhibition projects, e.g. plenerizmus.sng.sk, senxskutocnost.sng.sk, mzo.sng.sk, fillafulla.sng.sk.
- We collaborate with the community of developers and designers interested in applying technology in the context of museums, for example through events like hackathon.sng.sk
What we are looking for
- You use Git
- You are used to documenting what you do
- You have experience collaborating with developers and designers
- You are comfortable speaking English
- You are interested in arts and culture
You might also have experience with
- PHP framework like Laravel or similar (e.g. Symfony, Yii)
- ElasticSearch / Solr
- Linux System Admin (Ubuntu / Debian)
- Ionic / Cordova / React Native or another framework to develop mobile applications
- Arduino / Raspberry Pi ...
What we offer
- Flexible hours
- A creative working environment
- Close collaboration with professionals in the gallery and museum field (curators, experts on digitization of Fine Arts)
What web applications have you recently worked on and what was your role in the development?
Have you collaborated on any open-source projects?
Why do you want to work in lab.SNG?
If you are interested in this position and think you meet (most of) the requirements, please write to us via email@example.com with your answers to these questions as well as a portfolio, link to your Github account, and CV.
Background artwork: Jozef Jankovič – Architektúry I.